The opportunities for spreading the Gospel online are abundant. With just your phone and an internet connection, you can reach numerous people and share the Gospel’s message.
On this website, we aim to provide you with various strategies for effective personal digital evangelism, and this is the first episode.
Requirements for this Strategy
- A ready heart, open to sharing God’s love.
- Prayerful lips to intercede for those you encounter.
- Your smartphone and a stable internet connection.
- Access to platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or WhatsApp groups.
- The YouVersion Bible App.
What to Note
- You may not complete this strategy with every person you engage; some may not respond further.
- Prayer is a powerful tool; only God can truly change a person’s heart. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t see immediate results.
Recommended Articles to Read
Once you have the requirements, you have prayed and read the articles about digital evangelism, then you can proceed with the strategy. The strategy is divided into different phases.
The Strategy For Personal Digital Evangelism
- Select a random friend from your contact list on platforms like WhatsApp (excluding church, ministry, and fellowship groups), Facebook, or Instagram.
- Choose someone of the same sex whom you don’t know personally or whose religion is unknown to you. Listen to the Holy Spirit as you select someone.
- Begin the conversation with a friendly greeting and share a verse or word of encouragement.
- Find the friend you encouraged in Phase 1.
- Ask them, “How can I pray for you today?” or express your willingness to pray with them and invite them to share their prayer request.
- Respond with a typed prayer message or a brief voice note. Spend at least 15 minutes in prayer over the request. If they didn’t share a specific request, pray as guided by the Holy Spirit.
- Do not push for deeper revelations of the person’s problems. Just give way for the Holy Spirit to guide you
- Reconnect with your friend and inquire if the person is willing to have a discussion.
- Ask the person, “Is God a part of your life?” and allow the conversation to flow naturally.
- Try to determine whether the individual identifies as a Christian or not. Avoid getting into argumentative debates but do share with the person how God is a part of your own life.
- If your friend doesn’t respond, return to Phase 1 and continue praying for the person. The conversation might occur later.
- Reach out to your friend another day and inquire about the day.
- Revisit the discussion from Phase 3, emphasizing the importance of living a God-centered life then you can share the message of salvation if the person is an unbeliever.
- Encourage the individual to attend a local church or connect the person with a ministry, like OCDM.
- Invite your friend to engage in a Bible YouVersion plan with you. Share the appropriate plan based on their spiritual journey:
- New Convert: bible.com/r/19z
- Believer: bible.com/r/3N5
- Schedule time for discussions and complete the plan within your preferred time frame.
- Share resources on discipleship and salvation with the new convert and encourage him/her to read the scriptures and pray daily.
If the person is a believer, share this link with them and encourage the person to find someone and preach the Gospel.